How to increase your personal productivity in a work from home world
I don’t know about you but since Covid-19 and moving 100% to a work from home world the lines between work and personal productivity have become increasingly blurred. I’m not even sure why but since COVID work has gotten busier and I find myself jumping from zoom call to zoom call and finding it very difficult to balance the ever-growing list of tasks for both work and personal life.
I’m sure just like millions of other, I feel the pressure to increase my productivity in the workplace to keep up with the demands of my customers, and I’ve succeeded to a large degree but definitely at the detriment to my personal life. So what is the answer? How can I improve my productivity? How can I improve my efficiency and performance at work? How can I regain some work, life balance?
Here’s some tips for increasing productivity at both home and work.
7 Tips for how to improve your personal efficiency at home & at work.
With work and personal time bleeding into one another it has become necessary to find ways to compartmentalise our lives in ways we’ve never had to before.
So if you are one of the millions of people asking “how can i increase productivity” in order to keep up, here’s 7 steps towards increasing your personal productivity at home and at work.
- Adopt a system for managing both your personal and work tasks so that you can establish a consistent approach to how you will know what is important and prioritise your actions every day.
- Using your new system, determine the priorities for each day and each month based on what needs to be done and the value or importance of the tasks on your to-do list.
- Record your tasks in an App or Notebook so that you always have a simple way to add or change a task based on priorities that are always shifting. One thing is for certain, life will always throw you a curve ball, so be flexible and establish a system that can support daily changes.
- Once you’ve recorded your daily and monthly tasks, review your key tasks first thing in the morning and prioritize your focus on them before allowing yourself to move on to other things.
- Resist the temptation to multi-task or to become distracted. Stay focused on the tasks you determined were the priorities of the day and trust your system.
- Reward yourself for completing your daily focus tasks by allowing yourself to move on to more enjoyable tasks only once you’ve completed your to-do’s.
- Embed the habit of updating your tasks regularly, ensuring that they are always scheduled for the right time, not just the next available time. That way you will increase your personal productivity and give yourself the best chance of balance at work and at home.
How FortyThree.me, the Digital Tickler File system can help you increase your personal productivity at home and at work
A tickler file is a productivity system to simplify your task allocation, prioritization and follow-up. FortyThree.me is the easiest way to organize and manage your tasks on your smartphone and is the No.1 app for complete digital support of the famous 43 folders system which is a method for ensuring you always focus on the tasks that require your attention today. 43.me offers a clean, familiar interface with full support and automation of the famous 43 folders system. With a 5 star rating, 43me can help you regain control of your task lists and focus on only the tasks that need your attention today!